Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Speech Pathology

On October 18 from 12:00 to 1:30 St. Johns was hosting a fair to help students decide what to major in. The major that I was most interested in was speech pathology. When I first went to the speech pathology table I was surprised to hear that I was the second boy to come over and learn more about speech pathology. I discovered that girls mostly take speech pathology as a major and few boys take it. However that makes it better for me because speech pathology is a very demanding career. Many people need help with speaking so they hire speech pathologist to help them. Men are in higher demand than women since there are so few of them.
From my discussions with the teacher I learned that upon receiving the degree I will have a high paying job that is very demanding. However in order to receive this job I needed to earn a masters degree at graduate school. Unfortunately graduate programs are very hard to get into but I would still be able to take online courses to get my masters degree if I fail to get accepted into graduate school. Nonetheless I still hope to make it to a graduate program and I hope to grasp this career, since it promises alot for my future.

No comments: