Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I'm the Eagle

This past Sunday was an incredhicble day for me, my brother and my good friend. It was the day of our Eagle Scout cerimony, in which we received the highest rank in Scouting. During the cerimony many guest speakers came and made speeches congradulating at us on our job well done at achieveing this great rank of honor. They also gave us plaques and certificates, including one signed by our US President George Bush.
After the guests gave their speeches, gave gave my own speech to the audience, as I said it I was very nervous, but as soon as I was done my scout master asked, "Wow, are you a public speaker". This gave me pride in both myself and my abilities. After the cerimony ended I was congradulated by countless people, some of whome I barely knew. This moment is an event I will never forget, because to get it was a challenging process.

1 comment: