Thursday, October 11, 2007

My Backyard

From the moment I moved into my house many years ago I realized that I had a huge backyard. From the moment I laid eyes on the yard I was very excited to play in it with my brothers. It was a big yard with a large amount of grass and a huge tree at the back corner. Yet as the years passed my backyard went through many changes. A year after we moved into our house my family and I built a fish pond the backyard. Four years later we built a tree house on the tree that was growing in my backyard.
Soon our pond and our tree house was gone because we needed to fix a wall in the back yard and the construction killed the fish. Also the treehouse restricted the growth of the tree it was built on. Therefore the tree was dying. Seeing all these things going on led us to get rid of all that and build an inground pool. I was sad to see the tree house go because I used to have alot og fun on it. However I was excited at the thought of getting a pool. The tranformation of the backyard was tremendous. The grass was cemented over, the pond was dug up, the tree was knock down and the gap in between my house and yard was filled up. My back yard was transformed from a meadow like area to a lushious paradise that people would see when they go to Florida or the Carribean.

No comments: