Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Interviewing Catholic Nuns

Since I am a student of St. John's University it is required for me to take Theology as one of my classes. Although I didn't choose this class, I am glad I took this class because it was very interesting. For my final project I had to do an interview with a Catholic nun, to ask her what life as a Catholic was for her before, during, and after the Second Vatican Council. My professor told me that he would take care of finding us a nun, however the nun he got me in touch with, lived four hours away. My teacher told me I could do the interview by phone, but I wanted to do it face to face. At that moment I decided to find my own nun to interview, and thanks to my mother and a friend, I managed to find one at the Visitation Academy. The Visitation Academy was an all girl's Catholic school with a monastery for the nuns who teach there. At first I though I would meet strict women, however they proved to be very kind to me, and answered the interview with great enthusiasm. They even answered questions before I had a chance to ask the question.

No comments: