Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Weekend Festival

This weekend I went to the Greek festival located on eighty fifth street and second avenue. The festival was hosted by people who were a part of Holy Cross Greek Orthodox Church. The festival is held once a year during the begining of fall, and it is an event I never wanted to miss out on. The festival has Greek food, dancing, music, and thrill rides. All of those things were great, but what pleased me the most was that this festival brought together my old Greek friends. Since I went to college I barely had time to see them, but this festival was so popular in the community that it drew in all the Greeks that I knew.
I had alot of fun this year walking around the festival and hanging out with one group of friends after another. We went on rides, chatted about how school was, and took walks to Fort Hamilton high school. It was also a great opportunity to go over each other's houses and hangout there for a little while. Being together with them was fantastic and I hope some day I will see them again in the not to distant future.

No comments: