Thursday, September 20, 2007

Orientation at St. John's

Every high school and college requires a new student to be oriented so that they may get their ID cards and to help familiarize themselves with the school. Of the many orientantions that I have been to, St. Johns was the best. Unlike most high school orientations which last a few hours, St. John's orientation lasted three days. During those three days I was astonished by the amount of good people their were. All the orientation leaders had a smile on their faces and made us feel welcome. I was also impressed by the dormitories here because I always pictured them as a small room that is cramped, yet they are like mini houses with alot of room to stretch your legs out.
The food that they served us during breakfast, lunch and dinner were all delicious I couldn't stop eatting them. Apart from the lectures and the tours, we did alot of activities like the dinner cruise that sailed around Manhattan, giving us a great sight of the sky scrapers and of Liberty Island. There was also the carnaval which was very fun. Over all I met and befriended alot of great people and had a great time at this orientation. Who would have guessed that I would return home to find out that a tornado hit Brooklyn.

No comments: